Questions? We have answers.
+ Where is Greenhouse Loft located?
Our address is 2545 W. Diversey Avenue on the second floor of the Green Exchange building, conveniently located in the Logan Square neighborhood of Chicago, Illinois.
We’re 1 block east of the I-90/94 Diversey exit. When driving southeast (toward downtown) it’s exit 46A, when driving northwest (away from the downtown high rises) it’s exit 46B. We’re approximately 10 minutes from downtown via car, not accounting for traffic.
By public transit:
- Train - the Logan Square blue line station is a 12 minute walk from us
- Bus - #76 Diversey bus stops in front of the building at Diversey/Rockwell
#49 Western bus stops 3 blocks east of us at Western/Diversey
- Divvy Bike Sharing - Nearest docking station is an 8 minute walk east of us at the corner of Logan Blvd and Elston. www.divvybikes.com
By air: Chicago is serviced by O’Hare International Airport (ORD) which is 12 miles from Greenhouse Loft, and Midway International Airport (MDW) which is 15 miles from Greenhouse Loft.
+ How does parking work?
For your convenience, we have several parking options:
Parking garage - located at 2445 W. Schubert, it’s a 4-5 minute walk to/from Greenhouse Loft and costs $2-5/day per car
Street parking - approximately (125) free public parking spots within 3 blocks of Greenhouse Loft, plus approximately (30) metered spots
Bike parking - available directly outside of the building, bring your own lock
Private indoor parking with attendant- (50+) parking spots available for groups to reserve after 6pm on weekdays, must arrange in advance.
Private outdoor parking - (25) parking spots available for groups to reserve after 6pm on weekdays, must arrange in advance.
+ What sustainability measures does Greenhouse Loft take?
Sustainability is a top priority for us, so we consciously go the extra mile to drastically reduce your meeting’s waste and overall carbon emissions.
- Locally sourced catering minimizes transportation fuel emissions
- Organic catering reduces not only the farmer and consumer’s exposure to pesticides, but also reduces the environmental farming impact as a whole (by promoting soil integrity, ecological balance and biodiversity; and greatly reducing groundwater pollution and the use of non-renewable energy)
- Waste reduction by serving items in bulk when possible (ie. condiment dispensers instead of individual sized containers, filtered water cooler stations instead of individual plastic bottles, etc.)
- Non-plastic, eco-friendly utensils
- All non-toxic and eco-friendly cleaning and maintenance supplies
- Water efficient toilets
- Energy efficient windows help regulate temperatures
- High efficiency heating and cooling system reduces energy use by 22%
- Collection of restored mid-century modern furniture
- Reclaimed 120 year old hardwood floors throughout Greenhouse Loft
- Once a manufacturing facility, our entire building was restored and re-purposed after sitting vacant during the recent recession
- On-site compost and recycling system (sorted on-site) reduces up to 90% of event-generated waste, which would otherwise be landfilled
Highlights of our Green Building
- Certified Platinum LEED, the highest ranking possible from the U.S. Green Building Council
- State-of-the-art indoor air quality sensor and filtration system
- Environmentally friendly building materials including low toxin (VOC) paints and stains
- 8,000 square foot organic sky garden with native prairie plants and trees, watered using a 41,329 gallon on-site rain cistern system
- Green escalator (30% less energy than an average escalator)
- Co-op vegetable garden and chicken coup on-site
- Filled with innovative green companies and individuals, The Green Exchange is America’s largest sustainable business community
+ How is Greenhouse Loft laid out, and how big is it?
Our fully customizable space is 3,600+ square feet, with 16’ ceilings. Floor to ceiling windows along the east wall provide ample natural light and a view of our outdoor garden area; there are no windows along the west side of the room. A kitchen and small green room are attached to the main space. We also have a professional photo studio on-site, adjacent to the meeting room.
+ Can you accommodate breakout meetings? A separate meal area?
We intentionally designed Greenhouse Loft to be uber customizable. As such, some groups setup a ‘general session’ area in one half of the room and use the remaining square footage for breakout clusters or a meal area. Weather permitting, the outdoor space can also be utilized for casual breakout groups. For groups requiring breakouts or a separate meal area, we suggest a maximum of 100-125 attendees depending on your setup.
+ What is the capacity of Greenhouse Loft?
There is no minimum capacity, for maximum capacities according to individual room setups, reference this:
+ Is the outdoor garden area part of Greenhouse Loft and can we utilize it during our meeting/event?
Yes and Yes. The outdoor space is a common area for the Green Exchange building during the day, and can be reserved for private events in the evenings (4pm or later) at no additional charge. We encourage you to take advantage of the outdoor area any time of day, just keep in mind that a few people who work in the building do go out there for fresh air breaks during weekday business hours.
+ Are any amenities included in the rental price?
- Collection of refurbished vintage mid-century furniture
- Access to the building’s outdoor garden, located adjacent to our space
- Turn key packages with catering, AV and other requested services
- Never a food and beverage minimum
- LEED Platinum building that facilitates low waste and green meetings
- Inspiring and refreshing aesthetics: Ample natural sunlight, stunning hardwood floors and high ceiling
- Plentiful white wall space, perfect for laying out ideas
- Greenhouse Loft venue manager on-site throughout the entire meeting, including setup and breakdown
- Building security team on-site
- On-site photo services available
- Integrated sound system with iPod/iPhone connector
- Optional supply package for a nominal fee
- LCD projector with connector cables
- Copy machine access (small nominal fee per copy)
- Basic power cords
- Use of multiple easels
- Wireless internet
- Adjustable spotlights and dimmers
- Personalized directional signage
- Built-in drapery for dividing the space
- 24 hour hold on the space if consecutive days are booked
- BYOB: We allow you to bring in your own alcoholic beverages (bartending services required through our caterer)
- Mutli-stall bathrooms
- Independent am coffee bar in the lobby area
+ Does Greenhouse Loft provide any decor?
Aside from Greenhouse Loft’s natural beauty, event decor is not provided but can be rented or brought-in. This would include things like table linen, glassware, flatware (if you decide not to use our eco friendly disposable silverware), tables beyond what we have in-house, etc.
We do offer an optional Candle Package, which includes votives throughout the room on all tables and window sills.
+ How does Food & Beverage work?
All-day beverages + light snacks + creative meeting supply packages are available through Greenhouse Loft directly.
Any additional food and/or beverage will be ordered from an off-site caterer; we partner with FIG Catering to service our daytime meeting and a wide variety of catering vendors for evening events. Our list of preferred caterers has been carefully curated, so we’re confident that you and your guests will be impressed by the offerings.
BYOB: Skip the upcharges and corking fees...unlike most venues we do allow you to bring-in your own alcoholic beverages if you wish.
+ How do we order Audio Visual for our meeting?
You are welcome to bring your own AV equipment, or we can connect you with our preferred AV vendor (Sound Investment) for rental information and pricing. Sound Investment is very professional and knowledgeable about setting-up in our space, they’ll take out any guess-work and ensure a smooth event.
+ Can you explain the photography component of Greenhouse Loft? What does it mean for our meeting?
Founded by two professional photographers, Jamie Davis and Steve Ewert, Greenhouse Loft was literally designed with a photographer’s eye; resulting in a spacious and naturally lit meeting and event venue that photographs amazingly. While our on-site photography services are completely optional, it’s hard not to take advantage of these unique offerings as they can truly take your meeting to the next level. Pricing and packages are customized to meet your needs; see the photography section of our website for more details on our offerings like corporate headshots, meeting photos, etc.
+ Do you have any additional hand-out information that I might find helpful when planning my Greenhouse Loft meeting or event?
APPROVED CATERING & A/V VENDORS
ADDITIONAL VENDOR RECOMMENDATIONS
GREENHOUSE LOFT FURNITURE OPTIONS
DIRECTIONS TO GHL
PARKING AT GHL
EXPLORE LOGAN SQUARE
DETAILED PRICING INFORMATION
SAMPLE FLOOR PLANS
12 WAYS TO ‘GREEN’ YOUR NEXT MEETING OR CORPORATE EVENT
+ Who can I contact for more details, a site visit, or to book a date?
Email us at email@example.com
Call us at (312) 733-5762
*For weddings or social events please contact firstname.lastname@example.org